Monday, May 28, 2012

Old School Diapering

After four months of conventional diapers, Alicia has decided that it's time to transition Anika to old-school cloth diapers.  This is a good move for the Freeman family for several reasons: (1) Anika is currently on a 10-day schedule (her record is 13--yes 13--days), which means the worst part of cloth diapering is minimized (particularly for Dad, who almost has a better chance of getting struck by lightning than having to change and clean a dirty diaper); (2) cloth diapers are economical (high start-up cost but we'll start saving soon); (3) the cloth diapers appease our environmental consciences (though it's amazing how much out of sight out of mind takes over when we just dump our trash into a giant bin); and (4) the cloth diapers look good, despite how big they make Anika's booty look.  Here's our babe, showing off her new look.

I'm so happy you aren't sending my diapers off to landfills and that you can use that saved money for my wedding--I mean college--fund.
Practicing plyometrics to increase my vertical jump and test out whether my new diapers are going to slow me down.
They look pretty bulky, but I can jump and dance in these things (Dad's thinking volleyball star but I'm thinking ballerina).
Taking a breather to chew on my hands.
Showing off my big, cloth-diaper booty while I log some tummy time.
What do you think of my lady bug outfit?  (It's from my Auntie Lynn).
I like this open-air feel (whoever invented tank tops is brilliant)!
I like to laugh at my parents' funny sounds (hopefully, it's this easy to entertain me forever).
Happy, happy, happy.
Working out my neck muscles (and hoping that pretty soon my head doesn't make up close to half of my weight).

No comments:

Post a Comment