Friday, May 4, 2012

Yoga Baby

What happens at home all day while I am at work is a mystery.  There's surely lots of eating, and sleeping, and playing, and reading, and dressing, but the rest is mostly unknown.  One of the things I hear about regularly though is baby Yoga.  I have a hard time imagining this, mostly because I don't really know what Yoga is.  I associate Yoga with soft instrumental music, incense, lots of stretching and provocative poses, gym mats, slow-talking instructors, and tight pants and shirts.  What about this activity meshes with babies?  But even before Anika was born, Alicia was going to prenatal Yoga, which meant that Anika was born ready for the stuff.

Anika practicing her Yoga poses at two weeks old.
The practice has continued.  And Anika was apparently so good at Yoga that she was asked to be in a promotional photo shoot for the Yoga gym (are they called "gyms"?) she and Alicia go to.  It's called Blooma.  Here are some of our favorite pictures of Mom and Anika doing their thing.  (Note that the photos mostly confirm my theories about what Yoga is.)

It's not clear what part of this constitutes a workout, but Anika seems to be entertained.
I'm sure going to like this "exercise" thing if this is all it takes--so much for those leg lifts Dad keeps trying to get me to do.
Wondering . . . are really going to make me try to do the downward dog stretch, because that's just weird?
This Yoga stuff is a piece of cake.
Sorry Anika, but I think your Mom may be more of a model than you.
Anika made sure to fall asleep by the time the awkward poses started.
All tuckered out after a tough day at the gym.
  Maybe we need to audition Anika for Baby Gap?!

1 comment:

  1. Free--love it, buddy. That's my brother's little guy (Iggy) with the headband. Love that they're in this together.

    ReplyDelete